Craving a sea change? These are the UK’s cheapest seaside towns
News Article Published: 13/06/2017
Dreaming of the sea, but not able to afford the likes of Sandbanks in Dorset, where the average property will set you back more than £650,000?
Mortgage lender Halifax has revealed the most affordable seaside towns the UK has to offer, according to average house prices in 2017. They are…
1. Port Bannatyne, Scotland, £71,550
2. Newbiggin by the Sea, North, £75,779
3. Campbeltown, Scotland, £80,737
4. Girvan, Scotland, £85,082
5. Millport, Scotland, £86,392
6. Saltcoats, Scotland, £87,881
7. Rothesay, Scotland, £90,284
8. Irvine, Scotland, £94,070
9. Wick, Scotland, £94,623
10. Ardrossan, Scotland, £94,823
Emma Coffey, property expert at Goldsmith Williams Solicitors, comments:
“As we move into the warmer months, it certainly is refreshing (no pun intended) to know seaside destinations aren’t unobtainable for buyers with a more modest budget.
“Like any property transaction though, it is always worth consulting an experienced property solicitor to ensure the often stressful conveyancing process goes as smooth and stress-free as possible.
“Bring on the summer!”
Content correct at time of publication