Probate and Estate Administration
Losing a loved one is a difficult enough time without the added stress and confusion
that goes with Probate and Estate Administration. Goldsmith Williams can help lift
this burden, allowing you to spend precious time with your family.
Help with Probate
Probate: What's involved
Probate is one of those terms people have heard of but aren’t exactly sure what
it means or what’s involved. In a nutshell, probate is the name for the legal process
for the application of the authority to deal with and administer a deceased’s affairs
If there is a Will, it is the executor who deals with the administration of the
estate. This includes:
- Registering the death (often a family
member or someone present at the death will do this)
- Locating the Will
- Arranging the funeral
- Collecting all the appropriate papers
(e.g. bank statements, bills and share certificates)
- Establishing the value of the estate,
organising valuations where appropriate
- Paying any Inheritance Tax (IHT) to H.M.
Revenue and Customs
- Applying for the Grant of Representation
- Notifying all the necessary authorities
H.M. Revenue and Customs
The Department of Work and Pensions
Banks, building societies and insurance companies
- Settling all outstanding debts
- Dividing the estate between named beneficiaries
(or under the rules of intestacy if there is no will).
No need to go through it alone
Probate and Estate Administration is a lengthy process and, unfortunately, comes
at an already highly emotional time. Our probate services can, however, help with
this responsibility. We can take charge of the following aspects of probate and
ensure the estate is administered as quickly and as efficiently as possible:
- Establish the value of the estate
- Pay any Inheritance Tax
- Apply for the Grant of Representation
- Notify all the necessary authorities
- Pay all debts
- Divide the estate amongst the beneficiaries
(or under the rules of intestacy if there was not a will in place).
Free Mobile App
With our free mobile app you can keep up-to-date with your case even
when the office is closed as well as having access to free legal help
and advice on Everyday Legal issues.
Visit to home most satisfactory very reasonable and pleasant.
Mr Hainsworth - 9/10 (Wills)